Saturday, November 12, 2022

Series I Would Like to Catch Up On


The Top Ten Tuesday topic this week is "Series I'd Like to Start/Catch up on/Finish."  

I have quite a few series in progress (closer to 50 than to 10) so I don't want to start any more. I thought this week's topic (even though I missed Tuesday completely) was a good opportunity to assess where I am with 10 of my series and try to focus my reading a bit so I complete some of them (at least until new books comes out). They are in order by how many books I have left in each series.

  1. Inspector Alan Grant series by Josephine Tey
    There are 6 books in this series and I have read all of them except The Franchise Affair and Singing Sands. [2]

  2. The Josephine Tey series by Nicola Upson
    Upson based her fictional sleuth on the real life of author Josephine Tey and Alan Grant is a character in this series. I have read the first 8 of the 10 books in this series. [2]

  3. Constable Twitten series by Lynne Truss 
    There are only 4 books in this series so far and I have read the first one.  [3]

  4. Amelia Peabody series by Elizabeth Peters
    I have been reading this series for years, but have jumped around quite a bit depending on what happened to be available at the library. I have read 17 out of the 20 books and need to get around to #7, #10, and #13. [3]

  5. Vintage Kitchen Mystery series by Victoria Hamilton
    There are 10 books in this series and I have read the first 3. [7]

  6. Commissario Brunetti series by Donna Leon
    Including the one that is expected to come out in 2023 there are 32 books in this series. I have read #1-23 and #27. I have 8 books to read to get caught up with this ongoing series. [8]

  7. Her Royal Spyness series by Rhys Bowen
    There are currently 16 books in this series and I have read the first 4. [12]

  8. Maisie Dobbs series by Jacqueline Winspear
    There are 17 books in this series and I have only read the first 2. [15]

  9. Agatha Raisin series by M C Beaton
    There are currently 33 books in this series and I am only up to #18. [15]

  10. Inspector Banks series by Peter Robinson
    There are currently 28 books in this series, with another one expected in 2023.  I have read the first 5. [23]

I will need to read 90 books to complete all ten of these series. That is basically a full year's worth of reading for me and I like my reading to be more diverse than just mystery novels. If I could finish 20 books from these 10 series by the end of 2023 that would be a good start. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...