Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Treasure Island

Treasure IslandTreasure Island 
by Robert Louis Stevenson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was a page-turner of an adventure story. I read Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde back in 2014 and was impressed by what a great book it was. This story, which I think was written for a young audience, was much less interesting. Out hero, Jim, is a charming and mischievous lad who always tries to do the right thing. Given that he has fallen in with pirates this can be a challenge for him. I did find it weird to be reading a book where the dastardly villian has the name of a fast food restaurant. (I know, it's the other way round but it was still weird).

This title is from my Classics Club list and it counts toward the TBR pile challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...