Tuesday, May 2, 2023

Mystery Series Progress Report

Back in November I put together a list of some of the series I have in progress and set it as a goal for 2023 to make progress on completing them. Specifically I wanted to read 20 books from these particular series. As it is now 1/3 of the way through the year it seems like a good time to check on my progress. 

  1. Inspector Alan Grant series by Josephine Tey -- Completed!
    There are 6 books in this series and I have now read all of them. I read Singing Sands in January and realized when I started it that I had already read The Franchise Affair (it was in Three By Tey which I read in 2009). [1/1 read]

  2. The Josephine Tey series by Nicola Upson
    Upson based her fictional sleuth on the real life of author Josephine Tey and Alan Grant is a character in this series. I have now read 9 of the 10 books in this series, but a new one is expected shortly. [1/2 read]

  3. Constable Twitten series by Lynne Truss 
    There are only 4 books in this series so far and in November I had read the first one.  In January I read The Man that Got Away. [1/3 read]

  4. Amelia Peabody series by Elizabeth Peters -- Completed!
    In November 2022 I had 3 books left to read in this series. I finished #7 The Snake, the Crocodile and the Dog in December; I finished #10 The Ape Who Guards the Balance in February; I finished #13 in April. [3/3 read]

  5. Vintage Kitchen Mystery series by Victoria Hamilton
    There are 10 books in this series and I had read the first 3 when I made the list. Since then I finished two more: No Mallets Intended and White Collander Crime. [2/7 read]

  6. Commissario Brunetti series by Donna Leon
    Including the one that is expected to come out in 2023 there are 32 books in this series. I have read #1-23 and #27. I have 8 books to read to get caught up with this ongoing series. [0/8 read]

  7. Her Royal Spyness series by Rhys Bowen
    There are currently 16 books in this series and I have read the first 4. [0/12 read]

  8. Maisie Dobbs series by Jacqueline Winspear
    There are 17 books in this series and I had only read the first 2. I read the 3rd one in March [1/15 read]

  9. Agatha Raisin series by M C Beaton
    There are currently 33 books in this series and I am only up to #18. [o/15 read]

  10. Inspector Banks series by Peter Robinson
    There are currently 28 books in this series, with another one expected in 2023.  I have read the first 5. I read #6 in February and #7 in April [2/22 read]
I have read 11 books from these series since I made the list in November. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...