Wednesday, April 6, 2022

Shelf Control #3


Shelf Control
 is a weekly celebration of the unread books on our shelves created and hosted by Bookshelf Fantasies. Pick a book you own but haven’t read, write a post about it (suggestions: include what it’s about, why you want to read it, and when you got it), and link up! For more info on what Shelf Control is all about, check out the introductory post, Want to join in? Shelf Control posts go up every Wednesday.


Title: The Last Battle
Author: C. S. Lewis

Published: 1956 
Length: 211 pages

What it’s about (publisher's blurb): "One last battle against evil, one final journey to the magical land of Narnia. Narnia ...where the last king makes a stand and sad farewells turn to joy ... where the adventures begin again. The Unicorn says that humans are brought to Narnia only in a time of great need--and that time is now. The Great Lion, Aslan, the heart of Narnia, is missing. An imposter roams the land in his place, enslaving Aslan's loyal creatures and spreading treachery and lies. Only King Tirian and his small band of loyal followers are left to fight the last battle in this magnificent ending to The Chronicles of Narnia."

How and when I got it: I was talking about these books with my then husband who was surprised that I had never read them. At Christmas 2015 he gave me a lovely box set of all 7 books with color illustrations by Pauline Baynes. This is one of those books.

Why I want to read it: I have been working my way through the set since I got it--slowly to make it last. I now have just the one book left to read. I listed it as an alternate for this year's TBR Pile Challenge.

How it begins:  "In the last days of Narnia, far up to the west beyond Lantern Waste and close beside the great waterfall, there lived an ape."  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...