Sunday, April 30, 2023

April Book Report

The Book Farm, Henniker, NH
April 2023
I finished 7 books last month.

A quote from this month's reading:

“Clarity about what matters provides clarity about what does not.”
― Cal Newport, Deep Work: Rules for Focused Success in a Distracted World

Here is my progress toward various goals and challenges:

 Here are the books I finished in April 2023:
  1. Remembering Orwell by Stephan Wadhams (4-stars)
  2. The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas (5-stars)
  3. Belize by Leslie Jermyn (4-stars)
  4. Lord of the Silent by Elizabeth Peters (5-stars)
  5. Deep Work by Cal Newport (4-stars)
  6. Greek to Me: Adventures of the Comma Queen by Mary Norris (audio, 4-stars)
  7. Final Account by Peter Robinson (3-stars)
I visited a new used bookstore this month -- The Book Farm, which was delightful. I added 2 titles to my shelves and will visit again. There are now 2 great bookstores (Old #6 Book Depot being the other one), a fabulous quilt shop and a very good brewery in Henniker making it a great choice for a day trip. 

1 comment:

  1. The Count of Monte Cristo is absolutely unputdownable! One of Dumas' greatest works. I haven't read the rest, but Lord of the Silent is an intriguing title. Might check on that later.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...