Tuesday, June 30, 2015

ReadHarder2015 Half-way Point

The folks over at BookRiot challenged readers to "Read Harder" in 2015 with a reading task list. As the year is half over at this point I thought it would be a good time to check on how I am doing on completing the 24 tasks/books.
I have completed these (and linked them to my relevant posts): 
I have books on my shelves that meet these, I may or may not be inspired to read the ones I have on hand, but I definitely have something that would qualify:

  • A collection of short stories (either by one person or an anthology by many people)
  • A book by or about someone that identifies as LGBTQ
  • A book that takes place in Asia
  • A sci-fi novel
  • A romance novel
  • A collection of poetry
  • A self-improvement book
  • A book published before 1850


These are going to need a bit of research:
  • A book written by someone when they were under the age of 25
  • A graphic novel, a graphic memoir or a collection of comics of any kind (Maybe something by Neil Gaiman.)
  • A National Book Award, Man Booker Prize or Pulitzer Prize winner from the last decade (I probably have some of these, but need to identify them.)
  • A book that is a retelling of a classic story (fairytale, Shakespearian play, classic novel, etc.) (Wide Sargasso Sea which retells Jane Eyre is a possibility) 
  • A book by an author from Africa
  • A YA novel 
  • A book published by an indie press

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...