Monday, January 1, 2024

December Book Report

NYC, December 2023
I finished 12 books last month.

A quote from this month's reading:

"Dragonflies with stained-glass wings stitched invisible threads in the air. The two friends gazed down at the land below, watching the cloud shadows bruise the earth."  --Tan Twan Eng, The House of Doors

Here is my progress toward various goals and challenges:

 Here are the books I finished in December 2023: 
  1. Messenger of Truth by Jacqueline Winspear (4-stars)
  2. Finish by Jon Acuff  (3-stars)
  3. Devil in a Blue Dress by Walter Mosley (4-stars)
  4. The Search: Finding Meaningful Work in a Post-Career World by Bruce Feiler (3-stars)
  5. The Art of Stillness by Pico Iyer (3-stars)
  6. The House of Doors by Tan Twan Eng (5-stars)
  7. The River We Remember by William Kent Krueger (5-stars)
  8. The Snow Queen by Michael Cunningham (3-stars)
  9. The Address Book: What Street Addresses Reveal about Identity, Race, Wealth, and Power by Deirdra Mask (audiobook, 4-stars)
  10. The Twelve Clues of Christmas by Rhys Bowen (4-stars)
  11. The Checklist Manifesto by Atul Gawande (3-stars)
  12. The Witching Year by Diana Helmuth (4-stars)
I had a very good reading year in 2023. Lots of new-to-me authors and a dozen 5-star books. I completed all my challenges except the TBR pile one which I made good progress on but, as usual, didn't finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...