Tuesday, May 31, 2022

May Book Report

Merrimack River, May 2022
I finished 12 books last month.

A quote from this month's reading:

“For a while" is a phrase whose length can't be measured. At least by the person who's waiting.”― Haruki Murakami, South of the Border, West of the Sun

Here is my progress toward various goals and challenges:

 Here are the books I finished in May 2022: (link title to post if is one)
  1. Dusk, Night, Dawn by Anne Lamott (3-stars)
  2. Eric by Terry Pratchett (3-stars)
  3. Finding Flow: The Psychology of Engagement with Everyday Life byMihaly Csikszentmihalyi (audio, 3-stars)
  4. A Bed of Scorpions by Judith Flanders (4-stars)
  5. Readers' Advisory Service in the Public Library by Joyce Saricks (3-stars)
  6. The Power of Ritual: How to Create Meaning and Connection in Everything You Do by Casper ter Kuile (3-stars)
  7. South of the Border, West of the Sun by Haruki Murakami (audio, 3-stars)
  8. The Old Contemptibles by Martha Grimes (4-stars)
  9. Deadly Threads by Jane K. Cleland (4-stars) 
  10. Royal Blood by Rhys Bowen (4-stars) - cozy, not blogged about
  11. The Decameron by Giovanni Boccoccio (3-stars)
  12. Death on Demand by Carolyn G. Hart (3-stars) - cozy, not blogged about
Most of what I read this month came from the library (which is pretty typical for me). In an effort to read some of the many (too many) owned-but-not-read books on my shelf I was considering limiting my June reading to only books I own. I decided that was too strict and would be a problem for some work projects and a read-along for which I am reading library books. My plan is to take as much of my reading as possible next month from my own shelves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...