Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Challenge Update - April 2013

My main reading goal for this month was to make progress on the Canadian Book Challenge which I did. I have now read 9/13 bringing me to the Nanaimo Bar level. This month I finished reading Generation X, The Beautiful Mystery, and Alias Grace. I am currently in the middle of Twenty Six and have several more Canadian books in my to-read pile so I may actually get 13 Canadian books read by Canada Day.

I read, and really enjoyed, The Chinese Orange Mystery which completes 8 books for the Vintage Mystery Challenge. I am considering whether to push on to the 16-book level. This book also counts toward the Colorful Reading Challenge for which I have read 3/9 books.

Bitter Brew brings me to 3/6 in the What's in a Name Challenge. This book also counts toward the Foodies Read Challenge. I also finished Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder which brings me to 4 books for that challenge. I signed up at the Pastry Chef (4-8 books) level, so I have met the minimum book count for this challenge. I have more foodie books in my to-read pile however, so will probably have more read by the end of the year.

Crafting a Life in Essay, Story, Poem was my 6th book for the Books About Books Challenge. I signed up at the short story (6-10 books) level, so I have met the minimum book count for this challenge.

I didn't finish anything during April for the Tea & Books Challenge,  the Book Blogger Recommendation Challenge, or Classics Club.


I am on track (at 39%) with my Goodreads goal of 101 books in 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...