Sunday, September 22, 2013

Bloggiesta - Wrap Up

I had a great time doing Bloggiesta this weekend and did a decent job at accomplishing my goals for the event.


  • Participate in at least one of the Twitter chats
    I ended up participating in all 3 using a site called twubs (which was really easy to use). I also did quite a bit of tweaking to my twitter account which I have hardly used since I created it. I am going to give twitter another go.
  • Finish the Queens of Crime page I started ages ago 
    I spent some time working on this, but creating the lists of books is tedious and I got bored doing it. I did make progress and it will get done eventually.

  • Check out the mini-challenges and complete at least one
    I ended up doing a bunch of mini-challenges and I learned a lot.
  • Visit other bloggiesta participants and see what cool things I can learn that will improve my blogs
    Done. I made a separate blogroll of the bloggiesta participants so I could keep up with those blogs over the weekend. I plan to integrate these into my regular bookish blogs list later this week. I made a number of small adjustments to my blog based on suggestions in posts and stuff I saw on other blogs. I also had a lot of visitors to my blog from other participants which was cool.

  • Make enchiladas for dinner one night (not really on task, but I was inspired)
    Friday night we ended up going out for mexican food and Sunday night I made pork enchiladas.

pork enchiladas with green chili sauce
  • Compile a list of blogging stuff I want to do/learn more about in the near future
    It is a long list, but I didn't want to forget all the ideas I got from other participants. I will definitely include this on future bloggiesta to-do lists as it helped me stay focused on the goals I had set for this time to have a way to save ideas and plans for later.

5 comments:

  1. Wish I could eat some of your enchiladas! They look delicious! lol

    Congrats on your accomplishments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I'm sad I didn't have a chance to make my Mexican hot cocoa, but maybe in January! So glad you enjoyed Bloggiesta! I hope to get more done during the next one, ended up pretty busy this weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on completing so many tasks this weekend! I thought the mini challenges were great, I ended up learning a lot from them this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! I saw you commenting on the blog and the posts at the bottom of an entry that says "you may also like". You use the program http://www.linkwithin.com/learn linkwithin. I am not sure if it really gets traffic going other places on my blog, but I do think that it gives people ideas about what I am talking about that is similar to the subject. Good job on all your projects!!

    Angie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I set up linkwithin and I love it!

      Delete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...