Friday, February 3, 2023

January Book Report

January 2023
I finished 11 books last month.

A quote from this month's reading:

"I've begun to suspect that fidelity is less a problem you solve than a chronic condition you manage with willpower and strategy--a decision to skip drinks, to tell the body no, or not again, or definitely only twice more." --Ada Calhoun, Wedding Toasts I'll Never Give 

Here is my progress toward various goals and challenges:

 Here are the books I finished in January 2023: 
  1. The Man that Got Away by Lynne Truss (4-stars)
  2. Nolo's Quick LLC by Anthony Mancuso (4-stars)
  3. Spiderweb by Penelope Lively (3-stars)
  4. Wedding Toasts I'll Never Give by Ada Calhoun (3-stars)
  5. The Virginian by Owen Wister (4-stars)
  6. White Colander Crime by Victoria Hamilton (4-stars)
  7. The Singing Sands by Josephine Tey (4-stars)
  8. Mr. Dickens and His Carol by Samantha Silva (audiobook, 4-stars)
  9. Driving Force by Dick Francis (4-stars)
  10. How to Read a Novel by John Sutherland (3-stars)
  11. The Story of Philosophy by Will Durant (3-stars)
The UnReadShelf blog has a theme challenge of sorts this year. The theme for January was "comfort" which none of my completed books really matched. I thought the Penelope Lively would but it didn't. February's theme is "courage." 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...