Tuesday, October 3, 2023

Top Ten Tuesday - 2023 Reading Goals Revisited


The Top Ten Tuesday topic this week is "Reading Goals I Still Want to Accomplish Before the End of the Year" 

Looking back at the reading plans I made in January some have been accomplished, but not all. Here are my reading goals for the remainder of the year:

  1. Complete the TBR pile challenge (I have 3 books to go)
  2. Complete the What's in a Name challenge (I have 3 books to go)
  3. Read 3 books that count toward the Canadian Reading Challenge so I stay on track to read 13 books by Canada Day 2024
  4. Finish a total of 100 books for the year. I am currently at 77.
  5. I wanted to read 5 books from my Readers' Advisory Reading List this year and have only read one. I would like to finish at least one more.
  6. Read a Rumer Godden book in early December (her birthday is 12/10)
  7. Read at least one book for A Literary Christmas 
  8. Finish up my Classics Club list. I should have finished my 50 books on 9/1/2023 (exactly 5 years from when I started) but I didn't quite get there. I need to finish 1 more book (which is in progress).
  9. Put together a new Classics Club list and get started on reading from it.
  10. I made a list (for Top Ten Tuesday) of the various mystery series that I wanted to make progress on this year. There are 3 series remaining that I haven't read anything for yet so I want to read 3 more books for this: book #5 of the Her Royal Spyness series by Rhys Bowen (Naughty in Nice); book #24 of the Commissario Brunetti series by Donna Leon (Falling in Love); book #19 of the Agatha Raisin series by M C Beaton (A Spoonful of Poison).

3 comments:

  1. You can do it! Not sure what the requirement for A Literary Christmas is but I do have 'Sleigh Tracks in New Snow' (Maritime Christmas Stories)...which definitely qualifies for the Canadian Reading Challenge. I'll put it in the short pile of other books I have for you, in case you want to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was only thinking about my Rumer Goddin reading week that I did a couple of years ago, and wondered if there would be enough interest to do it again....your post suggests there might be :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have done better than I have in the past on the TBR challenge. I have read 11 of the 12 books, and reviewed 8 of them.

    You are doing so well with your challenges. I admire your progress on your Classics List. I made the mistake of choosing too many books for the list (around 70) but I don't think I have even done half of them yet and I am nearing five years. I think that needs to be my biggest goal in the future, if only to catch up with my tracking.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...