Sunday, October 1, 2023

September Book Report

A visitor, September 2023
I finished 7 books last month.

A quote from this month's reading:

“I don't think I could love you so much if you had nothing to complain of and nothing to regret. I don't like people who have never fallen or stumbled. Their virtue is lifeless and of little value. Life hasn't revealed its beauty to them.”
― Boris Pasternak, Doctor Zhivago

Here is my progress toward various goals and challenges:

 Here are the books I finished in September 2023: 
  1. Flash and Bones by Kathy Reichs (3-stars)
  2. The Kelloggs: The Battling Brothers of Battle Creek by Howard Markel  (audiobook, 4-stars)
  3. Gluttony: The 7 Deadly Sins by Francine Prose (3-stars)
  4. The Rubber Band by Rex Stout (4-stars)
  5. Loonshots by Safi Bahcall (3-stars)
  6. Doctor Zhivago by Boris Pasternak (4-stars)
  7. Readers Advisory Guide to Romance by Robin Bradford (3-stars)
I should have completed my Classics Club list at the end of this month but I didn't quite get there. I was close, but when the library zapped back my half-finished audiobook of The Violent Bear it Away and someone else had it reserved I realized I would not make my set deadline. I should be able to finish up the list during October (assuming I come back up on the library reserve list).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...