Sunday, November 5, 2023

Nonfiction November - Week 1

November snuck up on me somehow so I am at the end of the week this time. That may end up being the case all month.

Thanks to Mapheads Book Blog for reminding me!

 This week is hosted at Based on a True Story and we are invited to celebrate our year in nonfiction by answering some questions. 

What books have you read?

So far in 2023 I have read 86 books and 43 of them were nonfiction. Sadly, not a single one of them was from the list of title I added to my TBR last November. I did add a couple of those books to my shelves, but they haven't gotten read yet.

What were your favorites?

Have you had a favorite topic?

Not really. I read pretty broadly this year--history, memoirs, project management, relationships, home design, and true crime. 

Is there a topic you want to read about more? 

I visited Dublin, Ireland for the first time this year and would like to read more about it. I compiled a book list ahead of my trip, but only got one of the books read before I went.

What are you hoping to get out of participating in Nonfiction November?

Suggestions for nonfiction books that I might want to add to my gi-normous TBR. Also perhaps some titles that when I read what other people thought of them I can remove from my list. 

For an overview of #NonFicNov visit She Seeks Nonfiction.

2 comments:

  1. Digital Minimalism sounds like a great topic. I don't spend hardly any time on my phone and I forget to even check for texts, and I don't do Facebook or anything like that, but I spend a lot of time on the internet looking things up, and a good amount of my time on blogging. A more focused life is what I would like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed Digital Minimalism and The Love Prescription too! And I'm even later to the party than you for Nonfiction November this year, but nonetheless, we made it. :) I'm enjoying reading through others' posts and getting more ideas for books. Thanks for sharing yours.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...