Thursday, November 2, 2023

October Book Report

 

Dublin, Ireland, October 2023
I finished 9 books last month.

A quote from this month's reading:

“It is possible to adore those newly come into your world, to envision, no matter how late in the day, a happily entwined future with those who have not been part of your past.”

― Mohsin Hamid, How to Get Filthy Rich in Rising Asia

Here is my progress toward various goals and challenges:

 Here are the books I finished in October 2023: 
  1. The Price of Salt by Patricia Highsmith (3-stars)
  2. How to Get Filthy Rich in Rising Asia by Mohsin Hamid (5-stars)
  3. Readers Advisory Guide to Horror by Becky Spratford (4-stars)
  4. One Book in the Grave by Kate Carlisle (3-stars)
  5. Naughty in Nice by Rhys Bowen (4-stars)
  6. Feels Like Home: Relaxed Interiors for a Meaningful Life by Lauren Liess (3-stars)
  7. Come, Tell Me How You Live by Agatha Christie Mallowan (4-stars)
  8. The Godwulf Manuscript by Robert B. Parker (3-stars)
  9. Digital Minimalism: Choosing a Focused Life in a Noisy World by Cal Newport (4-stars)
I haven't come up again on the reserve list for the audiobook of The Violent Bear it Away which I am half-way thorugh. When I get it back I will be able to wrap up my Classics Club list. Meanwhile I have been on a bit of a mystery binge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!