Saturday, December 31, 2022

TBR Pile Challenge 2023

TBR pile challenge is celebrating ten years in 2023 and since I actually managed to complete it in 2022 I am signing up again.

To participate in this challenge you make a list of 12 books (mine is below) that you plan to read during the year along with 2 alternates in case you need to sub one in for a title that isn't working for you. During the year you read the books, write reviews of them (which can be brief), and link those reviews back to the list.

  1. Islam by Karen Armstrong [May]
  2. Loonshots by Safi Bahcall [September]
  3. Martin Chuzzlewit by Charles Dickens [July]
  4. The Story of Philosophy by Will Durant [January]
  5. The Virginian by Owen Wister [January]
  6. The Price of Salt by Patricia Highsmith [October]
  7. Beer School by Steve Hindy and Tom Potter
  8. Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister by Gregory Maguire
  9. The Member of the Wedding by Carson McCullers [August]
  10. Doctor Zhivago by Boris Pasternak [September]
  11. The Secret Life of the American Musical by Jack Viertel
  12. Pardonable Lies by Jacqueline Winspear [March]

    Alternates:
  13. Remembering Orwell by Stephen Wadhams [April]
  14. The Bonfire of the Vanities by Tom Wolfe [DNF - May]

3 comments:

  1. This is such an appealing challenge, and I am tempted once again, but I failed miserably this year. That is a very interesting list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have failed miserably at this challenge several times (2022 was my first successful attempt at it). I figure if I get any books from the backlog read it is progress. Also, I put classics club titles on the list which helped. I would encourage you to jump in!

      Delete
  2. Fantastic selections! I've been meaning to read Doctor Zhivago for so long. I've had it on my shelf for probably 10 or 15 years. And The Story of Philosophy is a great choice!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...